Delaying branch of a pipeline

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Jan 22 00:47:29 PST 2016

On Thu, 2016-01-21 at 20:41 -0430, Iván Aponte wrote:

Hi,

> I am writing a program that has a pipeline with two branches. One of
> the branches if for watching a live video realtime. The other branch
> can be activated by the user to start recording this feed. The
> recording must record the previous ten seconds of the time that the
> user activates the recording. That is for example if it is 9:00:00
> and
> the user starts the recording, the recording must start at 8:59:50
> but
> the live part must be real time ie 9:00:00.

Here's a code example that does something like this:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~tpm/code/test-backlog-recording-h264.c

You may need to modify it a little, like move the tee before the video
encoder and the encoder after the queue (it was meant to be used for a
case where the video comes in in encoded form).

 Cheers
  -Tim