How many time PIPELINE fetches the data from FILESOURCE plugin [ if pipeline runs for 10sec] ?

Ashish Kumar Mishra ashish.kmishra at dexceldesigns.com
Fri Jan 22 01:36:00 PST 2016

Hi All ,

In case this question seems very vague , would request please do go through
the points below
so that the essence of query is clear .

A) I am not having any exposure to Gstreamer PLUGIN writing & started
Gstreamer application programming
     recently.

B) Sample Pipeline ( lets say would run for 10 sec) :-
     Filesrc ->  qtdemux -> avdec_h264  -> videoconvert -> timeoverlay ->
q1 -> avimux -> filesink

     Now here the default FILESRC has an property of "blocksize" which is
programmable.
     Blocksize is defined as "Size in bytes to read per buffer" i.e whenever
data is being read from this plugin we would
     get BLOCKSIZE of data from plugin  -

     Now what i am unable to understand is (  In duration period of 1second
) :-
     How many times BLOCKSIZE of data would be fetched from filesrc plugin
if pipeline runs for 10sec ?
          &
     How to determine this activity ?

C) This would actually help me find amount of data that filesrc generated in
" 1 "sec.

I hope that problem is expressed with above description .
Would request group member to please correct me if i am wrong or i am
missing any points.

Please do share pointers.

Thanks,
Ashish Kumar Mishra