How many time PIPELINE fetches the data from FILESOURCE plugin [ if pipeline runs for 10sec] ?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Jan 22 02:32:00 PST 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 01:36 -0800, Ashish Kumar Mishra wrote:

Hi,

> B) Sample Pipeline ( lets say would run for 10 sec) :-
>      Filesrc ->  qtdemux -> avdec_h264  -> videoconvert ->
> timeoverlay ->
> q1 -> avimux -> filesink
>
>      Now here the default FILESRC has an property of "blocksize"
> which is
> programmable.
>      Blocksize is defined as "Size in bytes to read per buffer" i.e
> whenever
> data is being read from this plugin we would
>      get BLOCKSIZE of data from plugin  -
>
>      Now what i am unable to understand is (  In duration period of
> 1second
> ) :-
>      How many times BLOCKSIZE of data would be fetched from filesrc
> plugin
> if pipeline runs for 10sec ?
>           &
>      How to determine this activity ?
>
> C) This would actually help me find amount of data that filesrc
> generated in
> " 1 "sec.

It's not possible to answer this in a useful way really.

In this pipeline (filesrc ! qtdemux ...) the demuxer will operate in
so-called pull mode, which means the demuxer will request data in the
chunking needed. It will first read the headers and sample tables, and
then pull media data chunks from the mdat atom. The chunks requested
might be smaller or larger than the blocksize property on filesrc. The
blocksize property is not used here.

Cheers
 -Tim