Gst-launch-1.0 (v1.80) Decklink Interlaced Video

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon May 23 10:20:13 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-05-23 at 19:38 +0930, Dave Johnstone wrote:
> The video is decoded as:
>
> video/x-raw format: Y42B width: 720 height: 576 interlace-mode: mixed
> pixel-aspect-ratio: 16/15 chroma-site: dv colorimetry: bt601
> framerate: 25/1
> The interlace mode is detected as 'mixed' not 'interleaved'.  The
> pipeline errors with 'general stream error, reason: not-negotiated'.
> I can't test the audio just now but the GStreamer version is 1.8 from
> the pre-compiled OSX packages, the decklink plugin is dated 2016-03-
> 24.

Ok, that's because avdec_dvvideo will put interlace-mode=mixed on the
caps. It seems like there is no obvious way to know if ffmpeg outputs
interlaced or mixed content, which would be needed to configure the
caps properly.

Can you file a bug, ideally with a sample file, here?
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Most likely you will get away with using a capssetter element and
overriding the interlaced-mode=mixed field with interlaced-
mode=interleaved.