Gst-launch-1.0 (v1.80) Decklink Interlaced Video

Dave Johnstone dave at digits.tv
Thu May 26 13:05:09 UTC 2016

The caps filter has no effect.  It seems the uridecodebin always outputs
mixed or progressive when input files are interlaced.  HD 1080/50i MJPEG
and ProRes interlaced files in Quicktime or AVI wrappers all need an
interlace element to link to a Decklink card for output.  Although this
can work it seems to add unnecessary overhead and pipeline
complication.  The same codec in a mkv container will not link at all.
I will produce some (non-copyright) test files and make them available
when I file the bug.  As this issue occurs with multiple decoders and
demuxers, should I file the bug for uridecodebin?  The same issue is
observed when using qtdemux, avidemux and jpegdec etc.