New to GStreamer have setup questions

rick b rick_blacker at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:06:10 UTC 2016

Hi all.
I'm trying to get up and running with GStreamer so I can do some development
against it.  I've noticed that there is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/
and then there is the GStreamer-SDK website http://www.gstreamer.com/.

Which site is more active regarding keeping the code base up to date?

My next question is more about getting help getting gstreamer setup on
Ubuntu. I've not found instructions yet that are easy (for me) to follow and
understand.  I've tried several different ways to get this setup so that
includes end up in the proper includes folder, libraries end up in the
proper libs folder.

I'm not wanting to modify the gstreamer code itself, rather I just want to
develop against it.

I'd really appreciate if someone can help me get up and running.  My end
goal would be able to either use Eclipse or QT for my dev environments.

Thanks for any help getting setup properly.

Rick