[RFC] provide a bin to GstRtspMediaFactory

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Dec 6 14:51:06 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 14:28 +0100, Eloi Bail wrote:

> > Perfect. It works like a charm.
> > Thanks !
> >

> Actually we are facing a new challenge.
> We wanted to have a  bus message watch for the running pipeline to
> set/get custom message between pipeline elements. As gst-rtsp-server
> already set a bus message watch, it was not possible to have 2
> message watchs.
>
> That's why we wanted to provide our subclass GstBin with overwritten
> message handler.

You can provide a custom bin for the part of the pipeline that has the
sources up to the payloader, and catch messages of those elements.

All the other elements in the RTSP server pipeline are not under your
control but something the RTSP server manages. Do you need to catch any
messages of those elements, and if so, what for?

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com