Memory leaks with partial pipeline destruction

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Tue Mar 7 10:40:57 UTC 2017

Hi,
I have a relatively complicated pipeline with a tee followed by amongst others a streaming branch, a recording branch and a live image branch. When I am not recording, I dismantle the recording branch by setting a pad probe on the sink of the first element after the tee. I then send EOS down the pipeline, I unlink the elements, set theier states to NULL and remove them from the pipeline. I am noticing that these elements still have ref_counts > 1 (e.g. 12) When I re-add / re-link the elements for the next recording I observe a large memory leak. Does anyone know what it is I am not doing correctly while dismantling these partial pipeline branches?
Grüße