GStreamer on Android with CMake

gert.rozing gert.rozing at myestro.de
Tue Mar 7 14:55:10 UTC 2017

Hello, I'm having trouble running GStreamer on a Android device (Api level
21, NDK 13b, Android Studio 2.2.3). The Android application is build using
Android Studio and Gradle, while linking against a external CMake Project.
The external project contains a shared library in which resides gstreamer
and a few staticly linked plugins. The Android application uses this library
and is deployed to a device using Android Studio.

The Plugins are loaded via another shared library after a gst_init_check()
call using the GST_PLUGIN_STATIC_DECLARE and GST_PLUGIN_STATIC_REGISTER
macros. As the logcat.txt shows (see attachement), the static plugins are
loaded correctly. Also the plugins are loaded before any usage of the
plugins.

The Problem is, that I cannot create any GstElements or GstElementFactory
objects. A call to gst_element_factory_make or similair returns a null
pointer. Also the error message of the gst_parse_launch is empty (last line
in the logcat.txt).

logcat.txt
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4682114/logcat.txt>

Thank you,