Trouble with uridecodebin

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Sep 8 16:12:25 UTC 2017

Adding gstreamer-devel in CC. Reply inline:

Le jeudi 07 septembre 2017 à 20:20 -0700, jhanks at vsicorp.com a écrit :
> I saw your response to Sanil Rout's question in March of this year on
> a similar issue:
>
>  Le jeudi 16 mars 2017 à 00:51 -0700, sandman90 a écrit :
>
> > However, with gst-launch-1.0 that I have built, I get the
> > following:
> >
> > gst-launch-1.0 playbin
> > uri=http://localhost/Timescapes-Movie-720p-2M_dash.mpd
> > Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> > ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> > Missing element: HTTP protocol source
> > ERROR: from element /GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: No URI handler
> > implemented for "http".
> > Additional debug info:
> > gsturidecodebin.c(1419): gen_source_element ():
> > /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0
> > Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> > Freeing pipeline ...
>
> Did you build support for souphttpsrc (which depends on having
> libsoup
> development header installed, e.g. libsoup-devel).
>
> regards,
> Nicolas
>
> ------
>
> I'm having a similar problem with version 1.13.0.  I installed
> libsoup-dev and rebuilt plugins-base and plugins-goods and still get
> the same error:
>
> vsi at norman:~/code/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base$ gst-launch-1.0
> playbin  uri=https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/
> media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> Missing element: HTTPS protocol source
> ERROR: from element /GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: No URI handler
> implemented for "https".
> Additional debug info:
> gsturidecodebin.c(1419): gen_source_element ():
> /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...
>
> -----
>
> I'm trying to run the tutorials for gstreamer and and it fails on the
> first one.  Both -base and -good appear to 'make' clean so I'm
> confused about what I might be doing wrong. Of course, they made
> clean without libsoup-dev as well so I'm also wondering 'What else do
> I need that it is not gelling me?'
>
> Any advise would be appreciated,

Notice the difference here, you are requesting https:// (not http). It
means you also need glib-networking with gnutls enabled, or glib-
openssl to be installed on your platform. Also, always double check
that plugins are present using gst-inspect-1.0 souphttpsrc.