Question about gst-launch capabilities

Todd Fischer todd.fischer at ridgerun.com
Thu Feb 1 14:44:20 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 13:24 -0700, HernanMassone wrote:

Hi,

> I am runing gst-launch and i trying change the element parameters "on
> the fly".
> In others words, while pipeline runs I want change the elements
> parameters.
> ¿I can do this?

GStreamer Daemon was developed to create pipelines in a manner similar to
gst-launch, but then let you control the pipelines after they are created.
You can pause, play, get bus messages, and set element parameters, among
other features.  There are several videos and lots of documentation
available.  You can start at
https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=GStreamer_Daemon

Basically you put GStreamer Daemon in the background, then use gst-client to
create and control your pipelines.

Todd Fischer
RidgeRun