Problems building/running GStreamer applications on Windows

MediaWiz mediawizrd at aol.com
Mon Jun 18 21:29:49 UTC 2018

I have been trying to build a GStreamer player application on Windows 10
(prior to developing my own source module).

NOTE:  I am using the latest GStreamer Windows build, and the (C++)
application is being built with VisualStudio 2013.

After some experimentation, I was able to get the new player application to
build/run.  However... after the application has completed running, and the
"return 0" is reached in the application "main", I get the following runtime
error:

Unhandled exception at 0x05705B88 in GsPlayer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation executing location 0x05705B88.

I had thought that this was a problem with my code, and how I am using the
GStreamer library.

As an experiment to find what I might be doing wrong, I built the
"gst-player-1.0" source code.  I got the same error when I run the
gst-player application that I built from source.

Is this perhaps some kind of issue with compile/link options???