Switch between pipeline 1 and pipeline 2: using the same hardware devices (under Linux)

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue May 22 14:05:43 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-22 at 13:56 +0000, Maurer, Marie wrote:

Hi Marie,

> Now I want to switch from pipeline 1 to pipeline 2 and vice versa.

Do you actually want to switch source and/or sink to a different device
or configuration, or do you just want to switch filters in the middle
of the pipeline?

> Is it correct to switch pipeline 1 to state NULL, then I must wait
> till it reaches state NULL,

State changes to NULL should be synchronous, so when

 gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_NULL);

returns you *should* be able to re-start the pipeline immediately right
there and then (modulo driver shenanigans).

Cheers
-Tim