splitmuxsink 1.8.3 memory leak mips32r2el

hassanctech hassan86 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:14:20 UTC 2018

I've compiled splitmuxsink version 1.8.3 for an embedded device (mips32r2el),
I'm running it with the default sink (filesink) and muxer (mp4muxer) -- I've
tried matroskamux as well but no matter what I do the plugin seems to be
leaking memory, running the top command I see it around 100MB and and just
slowly shoots up to ~250MB then gets killed by the OS -- my embedded device
only has 256MB of RAM.  The stream coming in is a standard avc/au h264
stream, and it writes about 20-30 seconds before crashing.  I have it to
split every 10s, encoder is generating key frames every 2.5s.  The files
that do get generated are valid mp4 up until the last one, so I typically
get 3-4 files depending on how long it runs before crashing and each file is
about 300kb (which is the expected size), I can't imagine what could be
causing it to use so much memory besides a memory leak.