No Facial Detection Ubuntu 18.04

Martin Vachovski Martin.Vachovski at skytek.com
Tue Sep 11 13:06:00 UTC 2018

Hi Timm,

I think you should make sure you have the "profiles" for face/nose/mouth etc.

These are the Haar features that OpenCV uses for the face detection.

You can specify them with

... ! facedetect profile=[path] ! ...

According to

gst-inspect-1.0 facedetect

The default path is:

/usr/share/OpenCV/haarcascades/haarcascade_frontalface_default.xml

As a first check. See if you have that file

Cheers

Martin