videoconvert not converting RGB to YUV correctly

themanonthemoon adkyriazis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 00:50:48 UTC 2019

My pipeline looks like the following

appsrc ! video/x-raw, width=A, height=B, format='RGB' ! videoconvert !
videoscale ! clockoverlay ! video/x-raw, width=640, height=480,
format='I420' ! vp8enc ! .... other stuff

I'm finding that for certain (A,B) I am getting the correct output from the
pipeline, but for other (A,B) I'm getting a pure green screen with possibly
small artifacts around.

>From what I understand, green implies that the YUV representation has
uninitialized memory. Is it possible this is a bug with videoconvert? Seems
weird is dependent on width/height

some Width/height that gives a good output:
(A,B) = (100,100)
(A,B) = (300,256)

some Width/height that gives a green output:
(A,B) = (325,225)
(A,B) = (326,226)

Any ideas? Is this a bug?