videoconvert not converting RGB to YUV correctly

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Aug 26 13:48:26 UTC 2019

Le jeu. 22 août 2019 20 h 55, themanonthemoon <adkyriazis at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> My pipeline looks like the following
>
> appsrc ! video/x-raw, width=A, height=B, format='RGB' ! videoconvert !
> videoscale ! clockoverlay ! video/x-raw, width=640, height=480,
> format='I420' ! vp8enc ! .... other stuff
>
> I'm finding that for certain (A,B) I am getting the correct output from the
> pipeline, but for other (A,B) I'm getting a pure green screen with possibly
> small artifacts around.
>
> From what I understand, green implies that the YUV representation has
> uninitialized memory. Is it possible this is a bug with videoconvert? Seems
> weird is dependent on width/height
>
> some Width/height that gives a good output:
> (A,B) = (100,100)
> (A,B) = (300,256)
>
> some Width/height that gives a green output:
> (A,B) = (325,225)
> (A,B) = (326,226)
>
> Any ideas? Is this a bug?

Could be videoconvert or the encoder, but likely a bug. In general,
videoconvert deals very well with any resolution, so I would suspect the
encoder. Encoders have a natural step, often called macro-block, but
implementation should align internally. Make sure to test against very
latest GStreamer to make sure your issue haven't been fixed already.