Embedded device and custom Gstreamer source

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Feb 22 21:29:29 UTC 2019

Le vendredi 22 février 2019 à 21:22 +0100, Duchassin Frederic a écrit :
>     OK i understand.
>
>     As I'm working on Yocto release, I have gstreamer1.0 package
>       validate and it's not always easy to update to a newer version of
>       plugins.
>
>     I believe that tsdemux is very well suited for my application
>       but, on my embedded device, this tsdemux should add jitter and
>       that's why decoder doesn't accept always the stream at the output
>       or gives glitches.
>

>     Personally, i would prefer using tsdemux...if the version and the
>       hardware i used were ok.

tsdemux does not do any pacing. The jitter though should be less then the 700ms latency that was declared by element in accordance to the MPEG TS specification to ensure proper timestamp calculation. What is likely the issue is that your sink element does not honour the pipeline latency (or you have explicitly set sync=FALSE) which result in a lot of jitter.
regards,Nicolas