Use of "on-sending-rtcp" signal

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 19 19:13:39 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-01-19 at 11:38 -0500, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Le samedi 19 janvier 2019 à 17:06 +0100, Philippe Lalevée a écrit :
> > Hello I still have problems when using on-sending-rtcp/on-receiving
> > signals (I would like to send RTCP packets of APP type).
>
> The RTPSession API isn't public, I'm not sure it is correct to use
> this from an application. I believe you should better describe what
> you are trying to do.

The rtpsession API is public, i.e. the signals and properties on the
"internal-session" object of the rtpsession GStreamer element. People
are using these in their applications for various things :)

And the signals Philippe are mentioned can be used for including custom
RTCP packets or receiving them. Not sure what the problem is he's
running into though, a testcase (with code) to run and show the problem
would probably help. But it seems he solved it already if I understand
the last message correctly.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com