Use of "on-sending-rtcp" signal

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Jan 19 23:27:52 UTC 2019

Le sam. 19 janv. 2019 14 h 27, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
a écrit :

> On Sat, 2019-01-19 at 11:38 -0500, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> > Le samedi 19 janvier 2019 à 17:06 +0100, Philippe Lalevée a écrit :
> > > Hello I still have problems when using on-sending-rtcp/on-receiving
> > > signals (I would like to send RTCP packets of APP type).
> >
> > The RTPSession API isn't public, I'm not sure it is correct to use
> > this from an application. I believe you should better describe what
> > you are trying to do.

I don't agree. The API being public would mean we install the appropriate
header. These things are not event in GST namespace. As we expose the
opaque object as a GObject, yes, we have made public the properties and
signal, but we don't document it. I totally disagree with having to
maintain API stability here for our internal RTP helpers.