Questions about MSVC build

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Wed Jun 19 21:22:11 UTC 2019

I have been looking at the msvc build for 1.16.0 and I noticed that a lot
of things are missing compared to the mingw build.

My questions are:

   - Is someone keeping a list of things which are not being built with the
   MSVC build?
      - If so where is it?
   - Is someone actively working on improving the MSVC build (so that it
   becomes fully featured)?
      - If so, when might we expect a fully featured MSVC build?
   - Has anyone experimented with adding MINGW components as stand-ins for
   the missing components of the MSVC build?
      - Is that likely to work if I tried it?