gst-build success but missing h264 encode/decode elements

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Wed Mar 13 00:16:58 UTC 2019

Plugins are only built when relevant dependencies are met (in terms of your
package manager).  Here are some docker containers associated with regular
builds:  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-ci/tree/master/docker

Also I figured out the exact set of packages for Ubuntu 18.04:
https://github.com/Panopto/gst-conan/blob/master/distros/ubuntu-18.04/debians-build.txt

   - Includes libx264-dev

I'm not sure what packages are required for Raspberry Pi but hopefully this
helps.