subtitleoverlay does not show subtitle

longkas longkas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 19:54:12 UTC 2019

Hello experts,
I try to add and play a video file dynamically while the pipeline is
playing, but sometimes the subtitle does not show, also no error  logs, my
pipeline looks like:

 //build and start pipeline
 build main pipeline();
 set main  pipeline to play();

  //add a video file, waiting addPadSinks callback and link video pad of
decodebin to subtitleoverlay
  gst-launch filesrc location=v.mp4 ! decodebin  ! videoconvert !
subtitleoverlay name=sub     ;
  pad = getPad(videoconvert , "src");
  setPadOffset(pad, offsetPipe);

  gst-launch filesrc location=v.srt ! subparse ! sub.     ;
  pad = getPad(subparse, "src");
  setPadOffset(pad, offsetPipe);

  //add subtitleoverlay to pipeline
  gst-launch sub. ! compositor ! autovideosink      ;

All the operations being done in the playing state, btw.
I try to change [subtitleoverlay] to [textoverlay], but it's worse that the
video  is shown as blackscreen.
I need advice to solve the issue, thank you very much

BR