SRT stream not sending

Samuel Hurst samuelh at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 15:57:27 UTC 2020

On 21/04/2020 16:55, Samuel Hurst wrote:
> On 21/04/2020 12:31, Simon Brown wrote:
>> SRT communication is setup between a caller and a listener and they have
>> to have established a connection before any stream will transmit.
>>
>> If you download the source from github then you can build
>> srt-live-transmit and use that to send and/or receive an SRT stream and
>> convert it from/to UDP.
>
> Cheers, I'll give that idea a go.

Thanks again for the hint Simon, I managed to take another look at this
today and by replacing srtsink with udpsink and sticking
srt-live-transmit in the middle, I managed to successfully get this working.

Is requiring this extra hop in the middle to be expected? I know that
the rtmp/2 elements don't support sending RTMP streams directly from
rtmpsink to rtmpsrc and you have to run an RTMP server in the middle.
Admittedly I'm quite new to SRT as a protocol, so I might have the wrong
end of the stick.

Alternatively, could this be a bug in the srtsink element?

Best Regards,
Sam