Could not link autovideosink to filesink

Gary Metalle Gary.Metalle at rvl.co.uk
Sat Oct 24 11:50:44 UTC 2020

Hi

Well you certainly need to get rid of that autovideosink for a start because it doesn't make sense to send a decoded JPEG image to a video sink.

The video sink only has a sink pad as well so you can't connect anything else after that (likewise with the filesink).

The decodebin shouldn't be there either because you've just encoded the jpeg image with jpegenc so why try to decode it after? Or did you want to display it as well as save it to disk?

It might be easier for you play with this stuff on a host machine such as Windows or Linux to better understand things.

The following pipeline will create a jpeg snapshot from a video test source which is easier to play with rather than the tcpclientsrc (for the sake of understanding). You can try the tcpclientsrc after to make the pipeline more complicated:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=1 ! jpegenc ! filesink location=screenshot.jpeg

Gary