FLAC-encoded audio via WebRTC

Soebirk, Thorsten Thorsten.Sobirk at itelligence.dk
Mon Sep 7 13:37:11 UTC 2020

Thanks Tim.

I've changed the pipeline to:

... ! queue ! flacenc ! rtpgstpay ! queue ! capsfilter caps=application/x-rtp,media=application,encoding-name=X-GST

Now I don’t get any errors, but the streams never start. ICE negotiation takes place as usual, but the receiving side no longer gets pad-added signals - neither for audio nor video (which is unchanged). The sending side uses a blocking appsrc to send the audio. The program now pushes buffers for only a few seconds before being blocked - another indication that nothing is streaming.

Am I overlooking something additional that needs to be changed or added on either the sending or receiving side?

Thanks!

/ Thorsten