How to add text on gstreamer except textoverlay ?

gotsring gotsring at live.com
Thu Sep 10 14:32:04 UTC 2020

ToanVnET wrote
> How can I change the video format of the incoming buffers to RGBA ? Did
> you
> mean change thhis: "video/x-raw,format=(string)NV12" --->
> "video/x-raw,format=(string)RGBA" ?

Something like that. The caps specified upstream of textoverlay should
specify RGBA. This might require adding a videoconvert/nvvidconv or
something like that right before the textoverlay element. It would help if
you posted your pipeline and the OS/hardware you're using.

Also note that I only mention RGBA because I was able to test it quickly
using gst-launch, but you can test and use other video formats if needed. Do
a gst-inspect on textoverlay to list supported formats.