AW: Using PAD_PROBE_DROP and PAD_PROBE_PASS on trigger to selectively save images to filesink

dlw dlwalter at protonmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:18:57 UTC 2020

Thanks for the tip.

I ended up getting files to write and I think it may be some later pipeline
elements causing issues. The chain includes
jpegenc->taginject->jifmux->multifilesink after the videotestsrc and
filtering.

It looks like the taginject was preventing the the multifilesink from
writing.  When I removed the taginject updates (g_object_set(taginject,
"tags", exif-data, NULL)) on trigger the files wrote correctly.  Maybe
taginject needs to be brought to NULL or READY before it can have its tags
changed.

Something in the pipeline is also dropping buffers.  It takes passing 4
buffers before I get a file write.  If I move my pad_probe to the jifmux-src
pad, I get instant file writes when I pass the buffer.