AW: Using PAD_PROBE_DROP and PAD_PROBE_PASS on trigger to selectively save images to filesink

dlw dlwalter at protonmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:29:19 UTC 2020

to follow up -

I simplified the pipeline to the following:

videotestsrc(is-live=true)->filter->queue(max-size-buffer=1,
leaky=2)->jpegenc->multifilesink

When I place the pad_probe on the jpegenc-src, it takes passing 4 buffers
before I get an image save.  The next buffers are saved immediately.

When I place the pad_probe on multifilesink-sink, it immediately saves an
image when I pass the buffer.

Any ideas why passing the buffer earlier in the pipeline isn't causing an
image write?  I'm trying to save on processing by having my pad probe very
early in the pipeline, but can't do that due this issue.