Treating multiple files like one, with seek and editing

Vincent Larsen vincent.larsen at motorolasolutions.com
Fri Sep 18 13:41:37 UTC 2020

I am working on a project where I have a group of fragmented MP4 (audio
only) files and  a group of fragmented MP4 (video only) files that I need
to be able to play as one continuous stream.  In addition, I need to be
able to change the play position and sometimes inject frames to handle
discrepancies between the two sets.
In building to my final solution, I have been using an "appsrc" element,
with raw audio and it works fine.  I am now trying to do the same thing,
with the audio MP4s (video will follow).  I can make a continuous stream of
the "mdat" content.  However, I have not been able to figure out which
element(s) to feed this data to, to play it.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
 Vincent

--

*Your privacy is important to us. That is why we have taken appropriate
measures to ensure the data you provide to us is kept secure. To learn more