Write opencv frames into gstreamer rtsp server pipeline - baseline profile issue

ccrbs shenzhong at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 12:56:49 UTC 2020

Hi WisdomPill,

Thanks for you share the code. I am newer to use gstreamer rtsp server.

When I try to run the code shared, I got the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rtsp.py", line 6, in <module>
    gi.require_version('Gst', '1.0')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 129, in
require_version
    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
ValueError: Namespace Gst not available

And after to install python3-gst-1.0 this error gone, but there is another
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rtsp.py", line 7, in <module>
    gi.require_version('GstRtspServer', '1.0')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 129, in
require_version
    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
ValueError: Namespace GstRtspServer not available

Does need to install some packages for it?

Please advise me how to fix it. Thanks.