udpsrc does not work on 2 NIC & Port mirror linux setup

kepitto kepitto at outlook.com
Mon Feb 1 06:24:55 UTC 2021

First of all thanks for taking your time.

1) 192.168.0.100
2) The correct interface, which I connected. (USB to Ethernet)
3) It is correctly routed through the USB to Ethernet as configured. (device
is set to 192.168.0.1 static IP)

After posting I think I already resolved that it is not related to the
multiple network interfaces.
Things I did to confirm:
-As mentioned the routing is set up correctly.
-I tried both interfaces and could confirm on Wireshark both that udp
packets were coming in.
-I disconnected the other interface and ran on both with only 1 connected.

The only thing I'm unsure of is that due to the way I have to activate the
camera I get a different MAC Address, but according to my knowledge the MAC
Address is not important as long as I get the correct IP and receive the
packets on wireshark right?