Windows questions.

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Wed Jan 6 15:19:40 UTC 2021

I am just returning to Gstreamer after a few years and a lot has changed.

I am on windows as it is the only machine I can remote into during this
covid-19 time

The goal is to get the test-onvif-client working. I am having trouble
finding things and am not sure if they are supposed to even be thre or not.
I do not see the old separation of good bad and ugly plugins as separate
install packages.

1) Are gst-plugins-bad only available on windows if you build from source?
2) Is there a separate package, artifactory, etc for plugin binaries and
headers?
3) Are plugins on top of core and can be built in VS, or do we need the
entire meson/MSYS2 build
   A) I do not know how to build GStreamer on Windows. Last try went
horribly wrong with old instructions. :-(

additional info:
I did a "Complete" install of main and devel package.

If I gst-inspect | grep bad,  I see 25 plugins
If I remove onvifparse from the pipeline and make some other minor changes,
I can run the app and get video.