Modification: Creating a robust connection

Sarah Maria Hyatt sarah at veo.co
Tue Jun 8 11:38:04 UTC 2021

Dear All,

I am new to GStreamer, and I am working on making my pipeline robust
against sudden disconnections and reconnections to the camera, and robust
in general. It should be possible to remove the camera instantly and add it
again, as well as being able to handle network failures without crashing. I
am using gst-launch-1.0 to stream rtsp.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Should I restore the pipeline some
way (perhaps at some specific stage in the pipeline), or should I create a
new pipeline? and perhaps some tips for doing so?

Thank you in advance, and kind regards,
Sarah