Cannot play a 4K mkv content with v4l2h265dec plugin

karimchtx karim_atiki at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 08:30:52 UTC 2021

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks a lot for your recommendations.
It helped me a lot to tune my pipeline !

I have integrated the matroskademux, as well as queues before/after the hw
decoding.
As I'm writing this mail, the movie is still playing.
It is very smooth...but sometime it's still stuttering a little bit though
it's drastically better than yesterday.

My guess is it's maybe related to frame-rate issues. The movie is typically
in 23.976 fps, the tv is currently setup @ 60fps. I'll try @ 24 fps and @ 30
fps later.

Or maybe is it still related to bitrate (it's an action movie...in a galaxy
far, far away...) in fast sequences and thus maybe the "queue" elements
should be tuned as well in their size ?

Karim