question on limiting bitrate

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:59:34 UTC 2021

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 5:15 PM Howling wong via gstreamer-devel
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
> Would like help on suggestion of
>        1) what to add on to the pipeline to reduce the bit rate or would need some programming? It seem to me that none of the plugins(udpsrc, rtph264pay has capabilities to limit the bitrate)
>        2) it is advisable to adjust the bit rate over at the normal video feed thread? There is encoder over the other end where i can tune the bit rate

There is nothing you can do in this pipeline to adjust the bitrate if
you want live streaming. The only thing that can change the video
bitrate is the encoder (or scaling the video down before it is sent to
the encoder).

Cheers,
Nirbheek