how to create proper HLS pipeline

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 19:49:40 UTC 2021

Hi,
I have a question about creating an HLS pipeline.  I am receiving a MPEG-TS
UDP stream and I want to create a pipeline that will receive the UDP TS
stream, and then create/publish  a corresponding HLS stream. For example,
something like this:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=50000 ! tsdemux ! hlssink playlist-root=
http://192.168.0.100:8080 location=segment.%03d.ts

This actually works and receives the UDP/TS stream and starts to generate
the segment_000.ts file.  But it never creates the playlist file and keeps
adding to the segment_000.ts file.

I am assuming that I need to provide some caps information about the video
coming in on the UDP/TS stream but I am not sure how to do that.  So could
someone tell me what the pipeline should consist of to get this working?

Thanks,
-Andres