Set correct time on playback rtsp hikvision

Deymos s yarmolovichv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:55:37 UTC 2022

Hello

I am using gstreamer 1.20.3 with hikvision
there are problems with the playback recording from the camera,
it happens like this:
I request all records for a certain day, the response comes
to me with an interval of 3 hours from the beginning of the day,
also the response contains the string MORE if there are more records
or OK if it was the last data,
and when I request RTSP:
rtsp://ip:port/Streaming/tracks/701/?starttime=20221202T083055Z I play
it using GStreamer,
but the recording is played not from the requested time, but from the
beginning of the interval,
on most cameras I solved this problem using
gst_element_seek_simple(_data->src, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH, 1);
gst_element_set_state(_data->pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
after these actions, playback starts at the requested time,
but there are cameras where such a trick does not work. also VLC
always plays with the correct time, please tell me what the pro may
be, maybe someone has experience with hikvision