What a pity

James jam at tigger.ws
Sun Jan 2 23:16:31 UTC 2022

gstreamer seems very nice in concept. The fact that I've been trying for 3 months and can get no help is a big deterent.

I've got a 4 core i7 NUC clocked to 4.8G and I get a stream of QoS messages telling me the computer is too slow.
(GST_DEBUG=2,pulsesrc:6)

The machine is idle running a single pipeline.
The stream stutters. ffmpeg shows dup and often a 100 dropped frames on each segment.

Using audiotestsrc renders perfectly.

#! /bin/bash

IP=`hostname -I`

gst-launch-1.0 -e -v v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! \
	video/x-h264,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! \
	h264parse ! \
	tee name=vt \
	vt. ! queue ! hlssink2 max-files=5 name=hl \
	playlist-root=http://$IP playlist-location=/dev/shm/channel1.m3u8 location=/dev/shm/segment_%05d.ts \
	pulsesrc device=0 ! audioconvert ! avenc_aac ! \
        tee name=at \
	at. ! queue ! aacparse ! hl.audio

The redundant tee's are for use later.
unless I see a euroka moment I'll have to try somethink else
James