(gst-rtsp-server) Problem when access stream at mount point "/" using url with empty path

Bruce Liang Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw
Fri May 27 11:53:34 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have attached a factory to mount point "/" and set it shared.

And I found that the stream can be accessed by url with empty path (e.g. rtsp://127.0.0.1:554) either.

When stream is opened by a client using url with root path "/", the media will be created and should be shared.

But then another client opens the stream using url with empty path, rtsp server will still create a new media in describe request.

I consider that if client can use "url with root path" and "url with empty path" to open the same stream, it means that the media should be shared if the factory is set to be shared.

The received url(GstRTSPContext.GstRTSPUrl.abspath) can be changed from empty path to root path by connecting to signal pre-describe-request to avoid media being created twice.

Is there any suggestion on this problem?

Thanks,
Bruce
*** Confidentiality Note *** This e-mail message and any accompanying documents are for sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.