Ignore EOS and continuing to ingest

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Thu Nov 10 00:12:21 UTC 2022

Frequently?  Is this at a recognizable interval? like exactly 60 or 120
seconds?

RTSP sets a timeout on the session and the timeout is refreshed with a
variety of potential ways.
If the response to the PLAY command says timeout is 60 seconds, you need to
send back a GET_PARAMETER, OPTIONS, SET_PARAMTER to refresh it. If rtcp is
running on the +1 socket or channel then the RR (reciever report) can
sometimes be enough.

A wireshark will allow you to see this case.