A minor problem w/ access to my flash drive

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Sun Jan 23 14:34:02 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 10:34:51PM +0600, Alexey Morozov wrote:
> What should I check to fix the issue? Probably it's harmless anyway, but
> when the led shines regardless real activity on the device, it's hard to
> say when e.g. write operations are finished and it's safe to pull out
> the device.

  Hal checks every second (or every 2, dunno exactly) if there is a media change
  on the driver, this could be the reason your seeing that behaviour.  On my
  usbstick is see the light flash everytime hal polls :)

  The right way is to unmount the driver before pulling it out. When the umount
  is finished the data should be safely on the drive.

    Sjoerd
--
Space is to place as eternity is to time.
		-- Joseph Joubert