common code patch for Solaris

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 2 12:06:00 PDT 2006

> Btw, do you have plans to add the Solaris back-end to the git master
> repo and if yes when do you expect this to happen?

Absolutely. It should happen within the next 4 weeks.

As a matter of heads-up, we'll also have a large patch that won't make the
upstream yet - it will be available as part of the OpenSolaris code. The patch
is to support thin client environments such as Sun Ray: it adds per-user GDLs,
which are populated either automatically at session login time, when volume
manager starts and "claims" a HAL tree branch; claiming a branch makes it
invisible to other users. It's a Solaris-specific patch primarily due to
schedule pressure. Eventually we should come to some sort of general solution
that works on all HAL OSes.

-Artem.