0.5.8 goals and TODO list updated

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Aug 21 09:56:21 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 17:42 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 12:37 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > So let's get that tool and list into the hal tree.
>
> Any idea of a name or location?

So, thinking a bit more about it.

Perhaps pm-utils should contain the fdi files and just install them into

 /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/20thirdparty

like other third party packages do. Also, the tool should be part of
pm-utils proper. Suggest to call it

  pm-tweak-suspend-settings-util

and install into /sbin.

(But, alas as you know, naming is really difficult me, YMMV - if you
come up with something better... go for it.)

What about this?

> > Perhaps you also want the tool to try to run pm-utils with these
> > parameters to actually try it out before writing the file... so you want
> > that tool to be installed into /sbin so users can test it with
> > init=/bin/bash from grub in case they go hunting for broken drivers.
>
> Sounds like a plan.

Oh, one more feature request for said tool. Make it accept command line
parameters instead of asking you interactively. We need both, but the
former is pretty useful too.

Also suggest to make it generate the fdi file in $cwd and tell the user
himself to copy it to /etc/hal/information and preferably file a bug at
bugzilla for pm-utils and/or hal.

    David