HAL Hardware Information

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:39:21 PDT 2006

Hello again,

What I'm trying to do is collect all the devices together which use the same
linux.sysfs property (minus 2 characters from the end) in a bid to combine
all the devices from the same pieces of hardware. this seems to work for
anything plugged in but the motherboard it's self is a complete mess, I was
hoping to get enough information from various devices to identify the
motherboard but just combing the right devices into the same piece of
hardware is troublesome without an already defined hardware specification of
what I should expect to see.

any ideas on how to identify if a device is a part of the motherboard?

Best Regards, Martin Owens