[HarfBuzz] Re: Text Layout Meeting 2007?

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:31:58 PDT 2007

Hi, everyone,

Here's what my tally of respondants to this thread regarding a 2007
Text Layout Summit looks like:

In favor of Glasgow / aKademy / July : Daniel Glassey, Lars Knoll,
Simon Hausmann, Sharon Correll: 4 people.

I'm also in favor of Glasgow, but I'm not going to count myself yet
since I'm not yet sure if I can make it.  But if I can make it, it
would have to be in July as I will be elsewhere in June.  So, if you
count me, that would be 5 people.

In favor of Cambridge / Guadec / June : Behdad.  1 person.

Not quite sure about preference: Eric Mader. Eric say's he has other
plans for July 14-22 and may be traveling in June.  Eric, does this
mean you would still consider aKademy?  Not sure: 1 person.

So far the balance seems to be leaning toward aKademy.  AKademy's
schedule is as follows:

     # Friday 29th June: Arrival
     # Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July: KDE Contributors Conference
     # Monday 2nd July: KDE e.V. Membership Meeting (members only, see
the e.V.
         members page for how to join)
     # Tuesday 3rd to Saturday 7th July: Hacking sessions & workshops
     # Sunday 8th: Departure

... Based on this, I would suggest that the 2007 Text Layout Summit be
held during the "hacking and workshops" period.  I will throw out
Wednesday, July 4th to Friday, July 6th out on the table for
discussion.  How does that sound?

ERIC MADER: Could you make those dates? Also, will your employer
sponsor part of the cost, if not all of it?  For example, could they
be convinced to pay for 75% or 50% of the cost?

SHARON CORRELL:  Will SIL consider paying for your attendance?

DANIEL GLASSEY:  What was the process you went through last year for
sponsorship?