[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz-JS?

Lóránt Pintér lorant.pinter at prezi.com
Mon Sep 3 05:44:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

The company I work for is developing a multi-platform tool that needs proper layout of text for all kinds of scripts and languages. Using HarfBuzz looks really promising, but we need to have a solution that works across platforms, including browsers and stuff. Do you know of a solution similar to HarfBuzz that can do OpenType text layouting that can be used from, say, JavaScript?

If there is no such solution, we would be willing to port as much of HarfBuzz as feasible to JS, and maintain the port further on as an open-source project. Would you be interested in helping us create such a port?

--
Thanks,
Lorant Pinter