[HarfBuzz] Fwd: hindi problem

Jani Brezavšček jani.brezavscek at outfit7.com
Wed Dec 6 09:34:37 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm writing because I can't find a solution to my problem.. I would like to
display the following hindi text as it is written bellow or e.g. in google
search bar

शक्ति (I put it in google translate and it looks like it means "power" in
hindi)

with the line above the characters (starting at second one) going above
from the second character to the last one. But what I get after using
harfbuzz is not the same... the last two characters get merged into one and
it does not look like what I pasted

I've checked it with Sanskrit2003.ttf and NotoSansDevanagari-Medium.ttf
they both produce the same abomination

Can anyone please help me understand if this is a bug in harfbuzz or if I
am doing something wrong?

I'm checking the stuff with fontstash-es https://github.
com/tangrams/fontstash-es

Thank you in advance,