[HarfBuzz] hb_shape API is not working properly (for Below base R) with Myraid Devanagari font

Vijendra Singh visingh at quark.com
Wed Nov 14 05:54:49 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I am using HarfBuzz 2.10 for Indic languages in my application but failed to get correct substituted glyph for half “र” from hb_shape API for Myriad Devanagari font even proper glyph (प्र) is available in the font.
e.g. प्रदेश ([cid:image002.png at 01D47C08.2A1CF370]) where as it should be like प्रदेश.

It is also failing in Notepad and other MS Applications but working fine in all application of MAC and Adobe applications.

Kindly suggest whether the issue is in hb_shape API or in the fonts or I have to do something at my end to get desire result.

Thanks in advance,
Vijendra Singh