[immodule-qt] Completing comments and documents

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:39:18 EEST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 05:52:38 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> At Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:17:20 +0000,
> LiuCougar wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:53:08 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> >
> > > Second test. Cougar, insert following code into filterEvent() of
> > > your immodule and monitor the result. It locates the problem on
> > > an immodule or Qt itself.
> > >
> > >     qDebug("filterEvent: %s ascii=%d, keycode=%d, state=%d",
> > >            (keyevent->type() == QEvent::KeyPress) ? "P" : "R",
> > >            keyevent->ascii(), keyevent->key(),
> > >            keyevent->state());
> > I am pretty sure that this is a problem deep in Qt itself, not immodule
> >
> > Becasue I noticed this issue while I was developing skim, long before
> > I involved in qt-immodule project.
>
> Cougar, please distinguish a fact and belief. Distinguishing the
> two is the principle of the problem solving.
>
> As I said before, my environment shows no problem as a tested
> result, so I cannot find out what is the problem by myself. What
> I can do is locating the problem by binary problem search
> algorithm based on the facts. Please provide me the freshly
> tested results as fact.
>
> We had eliminated the dependencies about hardware, OS and X by
> sharing the xev result information. What I want to do is to
> eliminate the immodule dependency as second step. We can
> locate the problem step by step as most efficient way.

thanks for your efforts.

Sorry for delayed response: I am very busy these days, so the update
of scim-qtimm and skim will be little in coming days.

As you do not have this problem, I think you are not the ideal one to
deal with this issue. I will try to fix it after I have some time.

Regards,
Cougar
- Old Chinese adage